Wednesday 6 March 2013

Keepsake Card for Mother's Day


I don't know about you but I always used to send my Grandma a Mother's Day card when I was younger. I wanted Rhubarb to continue this lovely tradition, especially as she has a Granny and Grandma who do so much for us all. Of course, I'm sure Mum's would appreciate these too!

I spotted this super simple idea on a blog I follow called The Imagination Tree and wanted to have a go as soon as I saw it. It really is so easy to make and will make a cute keepsake, I'm planning to write Rhubarb's name and age at the bottom of each one.

I used some fancy scrapbook paper infor the handprint flowers but wrapping paper would work just as well, then all you need is scissors, glue and some card to stick it onto!

If like me you have a very young toddler, you may end up doing most of the work yourself - once I'd drawn round my little one's hands she was happy to sit and pretend to draw round them herself on a peice of her own paper. Older children could do most of this themselves and draw on the stem and leaves in green felt tip.


Once everything is cut out it's just a case of arranging and glueing on the handprint flowers and ta-da! These would make really nice Birthday or Thank You cards too. I can't wait to see the smiles on Granny and Grandma's faces when they open them on Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. I thought my mums day card was fab. and afterwards I can keep it just to remind me how much you have grown in the future. Thank you Evie-Rose and Mummy for such a special card and the time you took to do this for me.Making special memories.xxx.Also thanks to Sarah Dean for the lovely plate picture you made with Evie-Rose, its in pride of place in our house.Good luck for the future Sarah I am sure you will shine on your new adventure in life.We will all miss you especially Evie-Rose.xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your views, thoughts and ideas - please get involved!